It's a bit late, but I finally found something that I could write a semi-interesting list about. The most interesting thing (to me) in my apartment: my bookcase. Here goes...
Top:
- An antique concert program from 1918, from a concert by Fritz Kreisler that my uncle found at a flea market
- 3 small stuffed animals my boyfriend has gotten me over the years
- Music box that my mom got me when I was little that plays "Memory" from Cats (much to my roommates' annoyance...)
- A fan that my boyfriend's mom brought me back from Italy
First Shelf:
- Swarovski Crystal statues that my grandmother occasionally buys me (a cat, a violin, a rose, a mouse, and an angel)
- My high school diploma, silver ribbon, and tassel
- A jewelry box my mom gave me that's made of dogwood (supposedly the type of wood that Jesus's cross was made of)
- A signed copy of one of Jack Horner's books (he was one of my professors and now is a friend of mine)
Second Shelf:
- A folder with poems in it
- A journal (one in a collection of dozens...)
- Old photos
- French/English Dictionary
- French Verb Book
- A History of Love by Nicole Krauss
- Blackwood Farm by Anne Rice
- Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
- The Great Code by Northrop Frye (left over from Bib Lit...)
- A Tale of Two Cities by Dickens
- A Webster's Rhyming Dictionary
- A folder with bank suff in it
- Crime and Punishment
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
- Faust by Goethe
- Le Petit Nicholas by Sepre-Goscinny (hilarious French children's book)
- Violin by Anne Rice (my favorite book ever...)
- Saved Newspaper articles
- A poster from a rap concert I went to a long time ago
- A cookbook
- A folder with financial/school/tax stuff in it
- Two Dirty Dancing music scores from the 80s that I found
- Program from when I saw Itzach Perlman
- Absalom, Absalom! by William Faulkner
Third Shelf:
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- Rough Guide to Classical Music
- Three more journals
- My laptop stuff
- Bible
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Wilde
- A different Petit Nicholas book
- Dante's Inferno
- Megatokyo books 1-5 (a great manga series, the only one I've ever really liked)
- High school yearbook
- MSU Folder with MSU stuff in it
- One more Journal
Pretty diverse collection of things I have here. And if I keep getting exposed to more great high brow literature, I may need another bookshelf soon!
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment