Today was not a bad day, but it wasn't a particularly good day either. And I know that could never do what Bill Murray's character did in Groundhog's Day; If I had to live a day over and over again that many times, I would probably just take to sleeping all the time, because I would be so incredibly, impossibly bored to keep living the same day over and over again!
I woke up around 5:45 this morning, because my cat (my roommates and I have 3 cats in our little apartment), Scout, decided that she was hungry. Sleepy, I pushed her over and told her to go back to sleep. She did lay down and get comfortable until Echo, one of my roommate's cats, decided to fight her for the spot in between my legs. I have a king size bed, and my cats all fight over that one little spot...go figure. Anyway, the two of them got into a kitty fistfight, so I kicked both of them off the bed and filled up their food bowls. I got back into my warm, cozy bed and did some writing, because it was already 6:00 and I had to get up in an hour anyway. And there's something about the quietness and peace of early morning that makes me want to write.
Around 7:30, I got up to get in the shower. I made the delightful discovery that Echo had peed in our bathtub (which is a strange habit he has...) and Zorro, the other male cat, decided that he needed to assert his dominance, so he went in there and peed too. I wiped down the bathtub and took a shower, then tried to do my hair and put makeup on with all three cats on the bathroom counter (I was the only one home this morning...), then went and got dressed and had some oatmeal for breakfast. My boyfriend picked me up in his truck and off to school we went.
I was a few minutes late for my first class, but no one really noticed because they were all very excited about the reading. We talked about why we tip waitresses and whether or not we should tip professors (the general consensus was no), then I went to work.
When I got to work (I'm the Assistant Music Director for KGLT), I labeled some hip hop cd's, wrote a couple of Public Service Announcements, and went to file the cd's in the studio. Bob, one of the dj's, told me to stick around for a few minutes, so I chatted with him for a while, then the guys from 10 Foot Tall and 80 Proof showed up for a show, so I got to meet them. That was pretty cool.
After that, I went to leave to print off a paper for my second class. I realized upon getting to a computer, that I'd forgotten to e-mail it to myself. So, with 20 minutes until class, I rewrote the paper. I was pretty proud. I went to class and we watched the first crime drama from 1903 called "The Great Train Robbery" (it's for a criminology class).
When class went out, I went back to work. I paid a few KGLT bills and then spent most of the rest of the time putting stickers on cd's. Exciting. I was very ready to go when 5:00 rolled around.
My boyfriend and I walked back to his truck and left to run some errands; first Wal Mart, then Town & Country. We went back to my apartment and he (my boyfriend's an aspiring chef) made my roommates and I shrimp wrapped in bacon and pineapple. It was amazing, as usual. After eating (and trying to keep the kitties away from the shrimp...) we had a cup of coffee and sat down to do homework. And so here I am.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment