Monday, April 26, 2010

Last Blog

There are not many college classes that I come out of with a completely different view of things than I had before, but this was one of those rare cases. I learned so much not only from Dr. Sexson, but also from all of my peers. I read books and watch movies much differently now, and while it's sometimes frustrating that I can't enjoy some of the mindless things I used to enjoy, it also makes the process of taking something in that much more fulfilling. For example, I watched "Ripley's Game" last night (I'm a huge John Malkovich fan...) and picked up on a lot of the themes we discussed in class, without even really realizing it. I'm bored now with a lot of the casual reading I used to enjoy, but I'm kind of glad that I'm no longer satisfied with badly-written paperbacks and do more work to seek out something that will fulfill my desire for either plerosis or kenosis.

This class also made me realize how much literature does mean to me, and it made me decide to take on a second minor in literature. I hope that one day Dr. Sexson can use something I have written in one of his classes!

I hope everyone has a great summer. Try not to take in too much lowbrow material!

No comments:

Post a Comment